We spend a lot of time in our kitchens. From preparing meals to gathering with family, it’s a place where memories are made and new inside jokes are created. If your kitchen feels cramped or is an eyesore that you just don’t like spending time in, you might not feel like making many memories there. Innovative Design + Build wants to change that. We offer custom kitchen remodeling services for homeowners in Candler Park, Georgia, and throughout the area, and we can upgrade your kitchen so that it is a welcoming, spacious place to gather.
Popular Kitchen Remodeling Styles & Designs
Kitchens come in all shapes and sizes, but some styles may appeal to you more than others. Consider some of the designs we specialize in to help you decide which one might be right for your Candler Park kitchen remodel.
If you gravitate toward traditional kitchens, you have good taste. This design appeals to a wide audience and works in homes of many architectural styles. Traditional kitchens often take inspiration from “old-world” designs. Some popular features include:
- Natural materials
- Decorative details
- Cabinet doors with elaborate profiles
- Neutral colors
- Decorative light fixtures
- Wood or tile floors
While traditional styling is all about embellishments, modern kitchens embrace simplicity. You’re probably standing in a modern kitchen if you see the following features:
- Straight lines
- Glossy surfaces
- Simple designs with little to no ornamentation
- Bold or contrasting color schemes
- Synthetic materials
- Sleek appliances
- Wood or tile flooring
As the name implies, transitional kitchens land somewhere between traditional and modern. Many people prefer it as a softer version of full-fledged modernism. The blended style offers more freedom to pick whatever colors, fixtures, and finishes you want. Some popular choices include:
- Streamlined cabinets with some accents
- Minimal hardware
- Stone countertops
- A mix of metal and wood
- Recessed lighting and pendant light fixtures
- Simple color palettes
- Up-to-date appliances
The craftsman style dates back to the early 20th century and remains popular to this day. Homes constructed in this style often feature low-pitched gable roofs, overhanging eaves, exposed beams and rafters, and heavy, tapered columns. Craftsman kitchens feature the following:
- Stained or painted wood cabinets
- Glass door panels
- Stone countertops
- Natural color schemes
- White with pops of color
- Unique accent light fixtures
- Beautiful architectural details
European and French Kitchens
Kitchens remodeled in a European or French design can take on two distinct appearances. For a modern look, you’ll want to adopt midcentury modern features. This style lives at the intersection between vintage and contemporary, with hard lines and geometric shapes intermingled with soft, flowing curves.
More traditional-looking French country kitchens are also popular. As expected, this style includes farmhouse staples like apron-front sinks, distressed cabinetry, plank flooring, white subway tiles, exposed ceiling beams, and antique pendant light fixtures.
A kitchen with an open layout strives to connect the cook with everyone else. Open-concept kitchens can be designed in any style, from modern to traditional and everything in between. No matter the style, taking down the walls results in a light, airy feel that opens up the living area for the perfect cooking, dining, and entertaining space.
A Streamlined Kitchen Remodel
We’re sure you’ve heard the horror stories of kitchen remodeling gone wrong — unreliable contractors, drawn-out timelines, subpar work, etc. At Innovative Design + Build, we go to great lengths to ensure our customers enjoy streamlined, stress-free service. We’ll be in constant communication with you from beginning to end, and we work hard to complete all jobs in a timely manner. After all, we know you just want to start enjoying your remodeled kitchen, not stress about your renovation week after week.
Here’s what to expect from our process:
- Design meetings – You’ll sit down with our designers to discuss your vision for your new kitchen and we’ll put together a plan that meets your goals.
- Material selection – We’ll work with you to select the perfect materials for your project. We can offer recommendations, but the final decision is always up to you.
- A finalized plan – We’ll present a 3D rendering of your kitchen remodel that you can refine as needed.
- Pre-construction meetings – Before we get started on the construction process, we’ll have meetings with you to discuss logistics, including the start date and timeline. You’ll also receive a fixed price agreement.
- Construction – Our technicians will get to work! They will clean the jobsite daily, and you’ll have a weekly meeting with us to discuss the status of your project.
To learn more about our kitchen remodeling services in Candler Park, GA, contact Innovative Design + Build today.