custom Basement Remodel
services for Homes in Atlanta, GA
Innovative Design Build is a celebrated basement remodeler with an eye for designing and building custom spaces your family and guests will love. Whether you envision a custom home theater, spacious wine cellar, fully functional home gym, or decked-out game room, our team would be happy to work with you. No vision is too bold, so bring us your ideas, and we’ll make them a reality!
Give us a call to begin discussing your basement remodeling ideas today. We have been helping homeowners in Atlanta, Brookhaven, Sandy Springs, Buckhead, and Peachtree Corners make the most of their homes since 2000.
Benefits of Finishing Your Basement
A newly remodeled basement could be the key to transforming an average house into your dream home. Consider the many reasons to finish your basement:
Add home value
If you plan to sell your home soon, finishing the basement first allows you to increase the asking price. The upgrade could even grab the attention of potential buyers, helping your home stand out from the rest. Even if you’re not moving, the added home value will continue to appreciate over time.
Increase livable space
Do you wish you had more room to spread out? Don’t uproot your family by moving — finish the basement to make your home more spacious.
Maximize your budget
Finishing the basement expands your living space at a much lower cost than adding square footage elsewhere.
Include luxurious features
The main-floor living space is about practicality, but down in the basement, you can add features to make your home more charming and elegant.
Ideas for Finishing Your Basement
The extra living space you create for your family in the basement can take many forms. Innovative Design Build can add any combination of the following:
- Home theater with reclining lounge chairs and surround-sound wall speakers
- Game room complete with table tennis, foosball, and pool tables
- Home office with built-in cabinets and workspaces
- Fitness room to work out in the comfort of home
- Apartment suite for the in-laws or to generate extra rental income
- Wine cellar in an ideal, subterranean environment
- Wet bar with distinctive features, such as recessed lighting, wood bar top, fully functional kitchen, and custom barstools
- Double-sided fireplace for more comfortable winter evenings a deluxe appearance your guests will rave about
- Built-in entertainment center with uniquely designed shelves and cabinets and the perfect place to mount your TV
- Brick columns and arches to elevate the look of these essential structural elements
- Upgraded flooring made of hardwood, ceramic tiles, vinyl planks, or plush carpeting
Recent Basement Remodeling Projects
Frequently Asked Questions About Basement Remodeling
Does finishing the basement offer a good return on investment?
Yes! It’s cost-effective to transform your basement into a beautiful living space because the walls, ceilings, and floors are already there. As a result, you can expect a whopping 79% return on investment.
How much does it cost to finish a basement?
Can I put a bedroom in the basement?
Yes! Adding an extra bedroom for your growing family or building an income-generating apartment or vacation rental in the basement is a popular choice. To be code-compliant, you need to include an egress window in all basement bedrooms. This type of window must be at least 24 inches tall, open to 5.7 square feet or more, and be installed within 44 inches of the finished floor.