Whether you’d like to move your in-laws in to your home, house college students, or rent out the space to travelers looking to stay in Atlanta for a few days at a time, adding a guest house to your property that’s expertly crafted to meet your needs and style is an excellent investment.
Innovative Design Build makes guest house design and construction stress-free with a streamlined design-build process and teams of professionals who are personally available to you at every step.
Bring the vision you have for your guest house to life. Get started today by scheduling a consultation online.
Benefits of Adding a Guest House
Guest houses are uniquely versatile and can be constructed in various configurations to meet your needs. Some additional benefits of adding a guest house to your home include:
- Earn additional income: You can post your new guest house on sites like Airbnb or find long-term renters to earn rental income.
- Multi-generational living space: Instead of moving into a retirement home, older family members can live on your property while maintaining semi-independence.
- Additional living space: You can use a guest house to entertain your family and friends when guests are not staying there.
- Move-in home staff: If you’re looking for a full-time nanny, nurse, tutor, or housekeeper, offering a place to live on your property that’s still separate from the rest of your home can help draw top candidates to the position.
What To Consider When Building Your Guest House
It can be overwhelming to think through all the logistics involved in building a guest house on your property, but Innovative Design Build can help you get through the process smoothly.
When planning and designing a guest house, our design-build professionals discuss every detail with homeowners, including HOA requirements, layout (i.e., second-story additions, garage renovation, detached dwelling space, and more), HVAC and plumbing systems, building codes, and beautiful materials and finishes that fit your vision.
Common elements found in guest houses to consider adding to yours are:
- A ductless heating or cooling unit
- Bedroom suite
- Living room
- Outdoor living areas, like a small patio or fire pit
Choose Innovative Design Build for High-End Designs & a Streamlined Process
The team at Innovative Design Build has been helping Atlanta-area homeowners upgrade and add to their homes since 2000, so we have the expertise and creativity to construct a guest house that you, your family, and your guests will enjoy for years to come. Our expert design and production team will guide you through the process and deliver stunning results.
Request a no-obligation consultation online today to start building your new guest house.
Frequently Asked Questions
After the planning, design, and permit phases are complete, it can take at least three to four months on average to complete a guest house, depending on the size of the space and scope of the project. Our design team can offer you a more accurate timeline after we’ve discussed your ideas during a no-obligation consultation.
Yes, adding a guest house to your home would add value because it would create more livable space on your property. The materials and craftsmanship you choose would also impact the resale price of your home.