Is your backyard nothing more than wasted space? Now’s the time to revitalize it. Outdoor living is a way of life here in the South, offering a way to reconnect with nature and utilize your property to the fullest.
Innovative Design + Build can help you reach your goals. Our team has been upgrading outdoor living spaces in the Atlanta area since 2000. We’re confident we have what it takes to transform your lackluster backyard into your favorite “room” in the house!
Contact us today to request a phone consultation with our design team.
Benefits of Outdoor Living Spaces
Wondering why should you bother to add a functional outdoor living space when you already have a perfectly good house? Here are the top benefits of looking to the great outdoors:
- Expand your living space for less than a typical home addition.
- Soak up Georgia’s beautiful weather all year round.
- Increase your home value in case you decide to sell.
- Improve your mental health with more time outside each day.
- Entertain friends and family with ease.
Features To Include in Your Outdoor Living Space
You have numerous options for renovating your backyard, depending on how you plan to use it. If you want it to feel like an extension of your indoor living space, here are the types of features you may want to include:
- Hardscaping provides a flat, even surface underfoot. Your options include composite or wood decking, stamped concrete, brick or stone pavers, and much more.
- Patio coverings, pergolas, and gazebos create the sense of being in a room, even though you’re outside. They also protect against the sun, wind, and rain so you can enjoy being outside in any weather.
- Fire pits provide a natural gathering area. Enjoy talking, laughing, or even roasting marshmallows over the flickering flames.
- Specialty lighting lends the right atmosphere to your outdoor living space after dark. Sconces, torches, stair lighting, string lights, and rope lights are just a few ideas.
- Outdoor kitchens bring al fresco dining to a whole new level. Outfit the space with a bar top seating area, wine fridge, pizza oven, barbecue grill, food prep sink, and more.
- Privacy and security features such as a fence, stone wall, privacy screen, or hedges allow you to enjoy your outdoor living space away from prying eyes.
Our Design-Build Process
Over the past two decades, Innovative Design + Build has refined the design-build process to emphasize communication, organization, and efficiency. Today, we can confidently say we have mastered the technique of providing stress-free services to our clients.
We begin with a phone consultation to discuss your vision, followed by an in-home estimate to go over pricing and project timelines. If you decide to move forward, our team will develop a design plan for your outdoor living space. We’ll implement your ideas and critiques until everything is just right. After nailing down the details during a pre-construction meeting, work can get underway!
Don’t worry about a thing during construction. We’ll obtain all the necessary permits, perform demolition and electrical work, and everything else involved in your outdoor living project. Once the work is complete, you can begin using your new and improved backyard right away. We’ll continue to provide support with 60-day, 12-month, and three-year warranty visits.
Why Choose Innovative Design Build?
When you choose Innovative Design + Build to redo your backyard, you’ll work with the best designers, project managers, and logistics coordinators in Atlanta to ensure your project goes off without a hitch. We are committed to your complete satisfaction and promise to deliver the friendly, professional services you deserve.
Frequently Asked Questions About Outdoor Living
The key is to design an area that feels comfortable and inviting yet can withstand the elements. To achieve this, add comfortable sofas and chairs with plush outdoor cushions, hang string lights overhead, lay down an outdoor area rug, line the space with potted plants, and set out durable tabletop accessories.
A combination of flowers and shrubs can make your outdoor living space more inviting to your family, friends, and wildlife. Perennial plants well-suited for Atlanta’s climate and acidic soil include azaleas, crepe myrtles, hostas, knockout roses, bee balm, and lantana.