Innovative Construction is a knowledgeable design-build firm with over 20 years of experience building home additions in Atlanta and the surrounding suburbs. Our team can help to convert an existing room into a bathroom or bump out the walls to accommodate a bathroom addition. It all begins with a phone consultation, so contact us today to get started.
What To Consider When Adding a Bathroom
Remember these factors as you plan your bathroom addition:
- Bathroom location: The easiest place to add a bathroom is on the other side of a kitchen or bathroom wall where plumbing is already present. Other options include adding a bathroom at the end of a hallway, in a closet, attached to a bedroom, or in a converted garage.
- Square footage: For reference, powder rooms should be no smaller than 18 square feet, while you need at least 30 square feet for a full bathroom. If you want a free-standing tub, you’re looking at 35 square feet.
- Intended uses: Knowing who will use the space can help you decide what fixtures, finishes, and layout will work best.
Common Features To Include in a Newly Designed Bathroom
The perfect bathroom addition looks a little different for everyone. Perhaps you plan to add a kid’s bathroom while finishing your basement, bump out the walls to put in a ground-floor powder room, or install the master suite you’ve always wanted. Regardless of your goals, most bathroom additions share the same sorts of features. These include:
- Upscale bathroom cabinets: Whether you opt for stock, custom, or semi-custom, Innovative Construction can help you select the right bathroom vanity and cabinets for maximum functionality, durability, and design.
- Chic bathroom fixtures and finishes: A luxurious bathroom may include a frameless shower door, oversized soaking tub, and vessel sinks — all designed with your personal preferences in mind.
- Modern bathroom lighting: You need sufficient task lighting, general lighting, and ambient lighting to make your new bathroom functional and appealing.
- Features for aging in place: A bathroom made for aging in place has features that increase safety, comfort, and ease of use. If you’re an older adult with limited mobility, adding non-slip surfaces, grab bars, and a barrier-free shower can help you enjoy independent living for many more years.
Our Home Addition Process
Innovative Construction is proud to be an award-winning design-build company in Atlanta. We can take your bathroom addition from start to finish, beginning with a phone consultation and in-home estimate. If you agree to move forward, we’ll collaborate with you to design your ideal bathroom addition. This includes nailing down your budget, working out a floor plan, and selecting materials and finishes. You’ll see your vision come to life as a virtual 3D rendering, which you can “tour” before committing to the project.
With your approval, construction can begin. You’ll have direct contact with the designers and craftsmen involved in your project to ensure you always know what’s going on. We don’t consider it a job well done until you sign off on the final results. Then, we offer our continued support with 60-day, 12-month, and three-year warranty visits to make sure you’re still enjoying your bathroom addition.
Why Choose Innovative Construction?
When you work with Innovative Construction, you can expect a bathroom addition that meets your needs without compromise. Our design-build team understands that no project is “one size fits all,” so we focus on making your specific vision a reality. To say we go above and beyond is an understatement. Our clients love our commitment to customer satisfaction, and we’re sure you will, too!